No announcement yet.

Carrying in all 50 States

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Carrying in all 50 States

    Does a permit exist or is there a way for one to carry concealed in all states?

  • #2
    The only way I know of is to be a police officer. A few years ago they passed a bill HR218 which allows police to carry concealed in all 50 states.


    • #3
      Originally posted by GlockGuy View Post
      Does a permit exist or is there a way for one to carry concealed in all states?
      LEOSA (Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act). If you are not an LEO a lot of departments have a reserve section you can work a weekend a month after the academy, its not only a great way to give back to the community but you'll be protected by LEOSA when you choose to carry.

      My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.


      • Myles
        Myles commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting. Do you know if this is the same program run in New Mexico? I don't know the details, but heard that ended or there was some 'trouble' with that program?

      • Billy
        Billy commented
        Editing a comment
        Myles, Im familiar with that department you speak of but that they put a stop to that. most department have a reserve I'm pretty sure San Diego county has a program like that but you'll have to attend the same school a deputy would, if you get hired.

      • Myles
        Myles commented
        Editing a comment
        Got it! Thanks, Billy.

    • #4
      Briefly . . . if you are a private citizen who is not attached, or previously attached, to any state or federal law enforcement agency—including both the “National Railroad Passenger Corporation” (Amtrak), and the “Federal Reserve Bank” police departments (Each of whom is a quasi-federal agency) then the answer is a resounding NO!

      Since its inception back in July of 2004 the original bill, HR 218 “Law Enforcement Officers’ Safety Act” (LEOSA) has been twice amended and passed into law as Title 18 of the United States Code, Article 926b, and Title 18 U.S. Code, Article 926c. The former subparagraph applies to active duty law enforcement officers, and the latter subparagraph applies to retired or separated officers.1.

      Still, over the past 15 years, for certain law enforcement officers, in certain situations, things have not always gone smoothly. Problems have occurred, and both the Attorney General, and various courts have had to render qualifying opinions.2.

      As a private citizen the best you can do is to either live in a home state that recognizes your (presumably sacrosanct) Second Amendment rights, AND also shares interstate reciprocity with a large number of other states; or else you can further apply for a nonresident LTC (license-to-carry) from a state like either Utah3. or Florida4. whose nonresident CCW (concealed carry, weapon) permits are more broadly recognized by a large number of other reciprocating states.

      Speaking personally I, myself, used to hold concealed carry permits from both Pennsylvania, and Florida. This allowed me to carry in something like 37 or 38 different states; and, at one time, I didn't even need to use a resident carry permit inside of my own home state—All I needed was the Florida nonresident license!

      However, a few years ago now, a former State Attorney General screwed that one up for those of us who held both state permits, and managed to cancel all carry reciprocity with Florida. (Naturally people like me weren't too upset when this particular Attorney General ended breaking the law and being sent to jail.5.)





      ‘L‘Enfer C’est Les Autres, Et Les Choses Terribles Qu’ils Font!’


      • #5
        While regular Civilians will not qualify for LEOSA carry, there are several Multi-State CCW Permits at are an excellent value for people that travel. The most popular permits I see are Florida and Arizona Non-Resident CCW Permits. They are available to anyone that is a Citizen of the United States (for AZ), with a clean criminal record. Florida does allow Non-Citizens with Permanent Resident Alien status to apply. The application process is very simple and straight forward. Attend a Concealed Carry Course offered by an experienced and qualified trainer. The information you receive in that class may save you your life or your freedom. Complete the one-page application, have your fingerprints rolled at the class, mail in your application packet with a cashiers check or money order for $60.00 made out the AZ DPS. No need to actually go to Arizona to submit your application! The Arizona Permit is good for five (5) years. Processing time is usually two to four weeks, with some students reporting a 10-day turn-around on their permits. Renewals are very easy to process.

        The Florida Permit covers about the same number of States, but includes Florida as well. The cost is higher at $112.00, however, that permit is good for seven (7) years. Three additional steps are required to obtain Florida's CCW Permit. 1. You must include a recent passport photo. 2. Your fingerprints must be rolled by a Law Enforcement Agency, and 3. Your application must be notarized. Either permits give you some great Multi-State Coverage when traveling to or through the United States. CCW USA Firearms Training in San Diego California offers Concealed Carry Training courses that meet the requirements for Florida, Arizona, and a host of other States. Happy to answer any questions you have about CCW Permits in general! More information is available here:

        Click image for larger version  Name:	AZ Non-Res Map.JPG Views:	0 Size:	27.1 KB ID:	264
        Last edited by CCWUSA; 05-31-2019, 06:50 AM.