Anyone have a Sig P320 X-Compact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a Sig P320 X-Compact?

Thinking of picking one up soon and wanted to find out if anyone here has one, and what your thoughts are of it. Would appreciate any insight.

Originally posted by Myles View Post
    Thinking of picking one up soon and wanted to find out if anyone here has one, and what your thoughts are of it. Would appreciate any insight.
    I have the P320 X5, it's awesome! I was thinking about picking up 10 of the 320s to start teaching pistols classes tactical and concealed. Picking that over a Glock because only the trigger group is serialized so you can buy different uppers or lowers without having to go through an FFL, so it will make it more versatile for me depending on which class ill be teaching that day.
    My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Nice. I like Glocks but want to get a P320 for the same reason--the modularity. I have two Sig P365s and love everything about them. Given how the P365 had a rocky start, I'm wondering if there have been any issues with the P320 X-Compact because it's relatively new.

Comment

The army is now going to the 320 and the Navy is also.so it should be a good investment. Some of the tier 1 groups are also using it

Comment

I have the full sized M17 version of the 320, I can't say enough good things about it. I have used a P226 for many years and many rounds, so the feel of the 320 is very natural for me, it's like a striker fired 226 that weighs a little less and feels even better in my hands.
          My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

• Myles
            Myles commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! I was going to get the full sized M17 version as well, but decided to just get the X-compact. I like how it feels in my hands. I pick up the X-Compact tomorrow, and can't wait to use it.

SIG makes good stuff. Mine was always a finicky SOB, though. Go figure. I've become hateful of DA/SA triggers too... And safeties on my pistols.

So... That said... I have a good buddy who had a sub-comp 320 and, honestly, I loved that thing. So if that one is anything like it I'd say go for it.

Even better if you can rent one with a case of ammo (assuming you haven't shot one already).

320s with the upper parts of the frame stippled (above the factory texturing) are just absolute money makers, by the way. Bust out that wood burnerrrrr

Comment

I messed around with the X-Compact at Shot Show and really liked the feel in my hand, though I wish it was a tad bit thinner for EDC. Looking forward to putting it through the ringer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6531.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	274

Comment

I've got a x5, full size 320 with x5 grip, Xcarry and 365. Love them all. mine are all worked over by gray guns with flat triggers but they really are good guns. No I am not a sig fan boy either as I also have 5 Glocks, 7 1911's, 2 Hk's and a bunch of other stuff. they are just good guns.

Comment

Billy, Coch, and Joe,

I noticed while dry firing the X-compact, that my front sight moves ever so slightly with every trigger press. I'm hoping I just need to get used to the trigger. Have you experienced this with your P320s?

I do not run into this problem with any of my other pistols, including the P365, in which the front sight always is deadly still.

Comment

• BruiserInd
                  BruiserInd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  that's on you and not being used to the trigger.

• Myles
                  Myles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, been using it a lot today, and finally got used to the trigger.

• Coch
                  Coch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Time on the trigger will fix it, your skills are good, small differences in grip geometry and trigger dynamics will cause this whenever you move from a familiar gun to a new one.

Originally posted by BruiserInd View Post
                I've got a x5, full size 320 with x5 grip, Xcarry and 365. Love them all. mine are all worked over by gray guns with flat triggers but they really are good guns. No I am not a sig fan boy either as I also have 5 Glocks, 7 1911's, 2 Hk's and a bunch of other stuff. they are just good guns.
                Sending hAlp

Comment

• BruiserInd
                  BruiserInd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  don't hate, lol. I've got tools for lots of jobs

Lol. I get it. "I've got a sickness... And the only cure, is more COW BELL"

If like.... Cowbell was bangers.

Comment

Definitely following this, a sig 320 has been on my radar for a few months

Comment

• Myles
                    Myles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Put about 1000 rounds through the X-compact yesterday, and I really like it. Took a little while getting used to, as I mainly shoot Glock 19s and the P365, but I got very comfortable with it.

At distance, i.e. 25 yards, I'm more comfortable and accurate with my G19 and P365, but it's just because I shoot those two models almost every day.

Another thing I like about the p320 platform is its modularity. You can buy conversion kits so there is a bunch you can do with them.

Thx for the info and insight on the 320. The modularity does make it a great option for those that have/need multiple uses (Conceal carry, range, etc). The takedown procedure is so easy and quick.

Comment

I wonder if Glock will follow Sig's lead and create conversion kits for a modular model. That would be awesome!

Comment

Working...
                    X