My Thumb Is Always Sliding Off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Thumb Is Always Sliding Off?

Good afternoon Tac Hyve community! I have a quick question in regard to my thumb and the difficulty I am having with keeping it on. My aim is decent and my shot group is pretty tight from 5 and 10 yards. The issue is when I want to take a follow up shot, I have to re- grip and readjust my front thumb back into position.

I have tried to squeeze my back palms together as well as try and tighten my wrist to make them more rigid to manage the recoil. If you have any suggestions or tips on getting this front thumb a little more security I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!

This is a common problem we see with new, as well as more experienced shooters, when they start really working on rapid fire. Palms squeezed together and tight wrists are good, make sure your grip is as high as possible, with both hands, but especially your support hand. The thumb of your support hand should run, base to tip, straight down the pistol frame this will lock the wrist and reduce the leverage that is applied by the recoil and keep the muzzle from "flipping" up, which then breaks your grip. Hope this helps.
    My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Charles,

Are you aggressively pressing your thumb into or the frame or maybe into the frame and with a downward force?
      My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Working...
      X