Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Pistol Caliber Carbines (PCCs)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Pistol Caliber Carbines (PCCs)?

Seems like these are the new hotness. I noticed a lot of people are using them for sport.

I was thinking they would be great for home defense and not as loud as, let's say, shooting a 5.56 indoors.

Do any of you have any favorites? Thinking of picking one up.

I have a B&T apc9 ready for me to pick up and two AR9 barrels to build. my local range doesn't allow 5.56 size guns on the pistol bays so I'm looking to get some carbine training where I typically cannot. We shall see. I don't have a ton of time on them either. The 9mm Ak's look like fun too and the HK variants are always fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
      Seems like these are the new hotness. I noticed a lot of people are using them for sport.

I was thinking they would be great for home defense and not as loud as, let's say, shooting a 5.56 indoors.

Do any of you have any favorites? Thinking of picking one up.
      These are fun! I use one in competition. Makes for a great home defense gun or cheap AR training. They are ridiculously quiet, very lightweight, and simple to shoot.

They are definitely nothing new by any means, but they became extremely popular after USPSA and IDPA created a PCC Division about 2 years ago or so. Right after is when you saw companies race to come out with new products to support the craze. Some cool new performance products have resulted from the demand.

I run an AR variant build kit from Quarter Circle 10. The AR9 variant is its own animal compared to other pistol caliber carbine systems. It’s a blowback design, which can be extremely reliable so long as it’s tuned properly.

There’s a lot of bad or cheap AR9 PCCs out there. It’s a violent recoil cycle, so you definitely get what you pay for.

Check out QC10. Coupon code ThanksFred for 15% off. 🤙

What kind are you thinking about purchasing?

My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Ive never ran one but want to. My close friend Jimmy Oliver runs one from time to time at local matches IOT stay up on his skill set for matches around the country. Let me know what you go with. I will use it to inform my decision to buy.
        My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Thanks, guys. Still not sure which one I’m going to get. I wonder if Glock will be announcing one one on the 10th for their announcement to compete against Sigs SPX. Lol

Ill start seriously looking in a month or two. Right now I’m having fun with my new baby, G34.

Comment

Right now I’m having fun with my new baby, G34.
            G34 is where it’s at. A lot of guys run a G35 and aftermarket 9mm conversion barrels (one gun / two calibers) but I LOVE my G34

Comment

Thanks, guys. Still not sure which one I’m going to get. I wonder if Glock will be announcing one one on the 10th for their announcement to compete against Sigs SPX. Lol

Ill start seriously looking in a month or two. Right now I’m having fun with my new baby, G34.
              from everything I've heard, the B&T crushes the sig just not as much competition support as sig. B&T just released lowers now you can buy for the APC9 that take AR grips and can take Glock mags or another lower for sig p320 mags. They seem to be really picking up steam, I assume possibly because of winning the military mp5 replacement contract.

Comment

PCCs are fun! I built a 9mm AR PCC, its great for shooting steel targets at a closer range than is safe for 5.56, pistol head plate racks are a particular favorite. They are also good for teaching new shooters, cheap training and your kids 2nd gun (can't beat .22 for the first gun) as well as home defense. I built an standard AR lower and used a bolt in magazine block to fit colt magazines (there are blocks and dedicated lowers for Glock and other mags as well) this way I can convert my lower back to a rife caliber if I want. Replace the buffer with a really heavy 9mm buffer to dampen that straight blow back action, mount a 9mm upper with all the same whistles and bells as my go to rifle and I'm off.

Comment

Working...
                X