Pistol Caliber Carbines: who has one and what are you running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistol Caliber Carbines: who has one and what are you running

My local range does not allow rifle caliber carbines in the pistol bags which greatly limits my training opportunities so I finally broke down and have added some PCC's to the safe. I added a B&T APC9 PRO and am currently building a AR9 pistol for colt mags and a 16" PCC for Glock mags for competition. I just wanted to see how it all shakes out. I know the CZ's are super popular as well as the HK clones and the sig MPX. you guys taken the plunge yet?

I went the AR route. I used a 9mm mag block for straight Colt style magazines (I had some lying around) in a standard AR lower and a Palmetto state 9mm upper. My main reason for this build was for shooting steel at closer ranges than I can with 5.56, with the same ergonomics, and its a ton of fun knocking down head plates at 10 yards with your AR. I also found that my kids and more sensitive students liked the reduced muzzle blast compared to 5.56. The reduced blast may also be a consideration for a home defense gun if the defender is more sensitive to noise.
    My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Originally posted by Coch View Post
      I went the AR route. I used a 9mm mag block for straight Colt style magazines (I had some lying around) in a standard AR lower and a Palmetto state 9mm upper. My main reason for this build was for shooting steel at closer ranges than I can with 5.56, with the same ergonomics, and its a ton of fun knocking down head plates at 10 yards with your AR. I also found that my kids and more sensitive students liked the reduced muzzle blast compared to 5.56. The reduced blast may also be a consideration for a home defense gun if the defender is more sensitive to noise.
      I had a bunch of parts to build a ar9 for colt mags and it should be back shortly. I also got this B&T and I'll tell you right now that sucker is fun. it just runs and runs and runs. They really do make really nice stuff. I now want one of their TP9's just for the hell of it. I'm curious to try one of the new AK9's I see everywhere. 9mm makes for such a good training round in pistol bays that may limit rifle caliber use.

Comment

I had never planned to get into the PCC world, but I accidentally found a Nordic Components 9mm PCC on super sale, I bought it, and I love it. I already have tons of Glock mags lying around, and the PCC takes Glock mags (along with many other mag brands with the proper magwell), so it’s a perfect match.

And I already do local USPSA matches in the limited or production class, so now I may try PCC sometime in the future.

How far out have you guys shot your 9mm PCCs? I’ve got a 16” barrel and a non-magnified optic, so I haven’t gone beyond 100 yards yet.

Comment

I have been running a CZ scorpion since they first hit they market and have run every kind of ammo I could lay my hands on. Picked up a couple of PSA AR9's that use Glock mags to complement my edc Gen5 19 for practice and just plain fun at the range, been teaching my daughter on the AR9 and she has fallen in love with practicing with it, I have run both systems out to 100yds with very good results but 90% of the range time with them is spent 50yds and in,

Comment

Working...
          X