Pistol Caliber Carbines: who has one and what are you running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistol Caliber Carbines: who has one and what are you running

My local range does not allow rifle caliber carbines in the pistol bags which greatly limits my training opportunities so I finally broke down and have added some PCC's to the safe. I added a B&T APC9 PRO and am currently building a AR9 pistol for colt mags and a 16" PCC for Glock mags for competition. I just wanted to see how it all shakes out. I know the CZ's are super popular as well as the HK clones and the sig MPX. you guys taken the plunge yet?

I went the AR route. I used a 9mm mag block for straight Colt style magazines (I had some lying around) in a standard AR lower and a Palmetto state 9mm upper. My main reason for this build was for shooting steel at closer ranges than I can with 5.56, with the same ergonomics, and its a ton of fun knocking down head plates at 10 yards with your AR. I also found that my kids and more sensitive students liked the reduced muzzle blast compared to 5.56. The reduced blast may also be a consideration for a home defense gun if the defender is more sensitive to noise.
    My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Originally posted by Coch View Post
      I went the AR route. I used a 9mm mag block for straight Colt style magazines (I had some lying around) in a standard AR lower and a Palmetto state 9mm upper. My main reason for this build was for shooting steel at closer ranges than I can with 5.56, with the same ergonomics, and its a ton of fun knocking down head plates at 10 yards with your AR. I also found that my kids and more sensitive students liked the reduced muzzle blast compared to 5.56. The reduced blast may also be a consideration for a home defense gun if the defender is more sensitive to noise.
      I had a bunch of parts to build a ar9 for colt mags and it should be back shortly. I also got this B&T and I'll tell you right now that sucker is fun. it just runs and runs and runs. They really do make really nice stuff. I now want one of their TP9's just for the hell of it. I'm curious to try one of the new AK9's I see everywhere. 9mm makes for such a good training round in pistol bays that may limit rifle caliber use.

Comment

I had never planned to get into the PCC world, but I accidentally found a Nordic Components 9mm PCC on super sale, I bought it, and I love it. I already have tons of Glock mags lying around, and the PCC takes Glock mags (along with many other mag brands with the proper magwell), so it’s a perfect match.

And I already do local USPSA matches in the limited or production class, so now I may try PCC sometime in the future.

How far out have you guys shot your 9mm PCCs? I’ve got a 16” barrel and a non-magnified optic, so I haven’t gone beyond 100 yards yet.

Comment

Working...
        X