Single point vs 2 point sling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single point vs 2 point sling

What are the pros and cons of both? Which is the more versatile sling? I've only used 2 point slings, but the single point is calling my name.

Hello Smurf,
    Great question! Each sling type has their strengths and weaknesses. For instance the two point is much more comfortable for long walks through the night with your friends. Your rifle or god forbid machine gun will be far more manageable to get around with. The two point will better allow you to balance the weight of your gat across your shoulders.
    The single point sling was designed for hi threat close quarter engagements. It is out of the way and keeps your primary attached to your body and in front of you. The single points are not as comfortable or convenient to be worn for long periods of time.
    Now let’s asume you have a modern AR with all the usual bells and whistles. If you already have a (V Tac type) 2 point sling, try attaching both points to the single point attachment on the lower. Kit up if need be and size the sling so that your pistol grip is level with your belt line when slung hands free. Try it out, if you like it get a single point. I like singles for “shortys” for the longer stuff I’m a two point guy.

Thank you for posting. I hope my response hasn’t angered you any further.
    -THC
    Last edited by Tac Hyve Cadre; 05-09-2019, 11:22 PM.
    My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

This is such a personal thing, its so hard to answer!

2 Point slings have better retention and carry options, but can be tricky to manipulate if not setup properly or you haven't trained with it in close quarters. they are more comfortable during extended carrying, just like THC mentioned above.

1 Point slings are simple and effective. Super fast and there's nothing to really manipulate or get tangled with. Retention options are terrible, unless you're wearing a plate carrier where you can create alternate retention options.

The best thing you can do is learn to use them both and you'll know exactly which one to use as you prepare for your mission.
      My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Two point slings give you the option to slide your rifle to your back and be able to use your hands without the weapon hindering what you are doing. This can be a good thing for police when they have to deal with a suspect that needs to be handcuffed. A single point sling will not keep the weapon behind you. There are some slings that will give you the option of both with just a quick change in mounting points. It is a good option to look into.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Smurf View Post
          What are the pros and cons of both? Which is the more versatile sling? I've only used 2 point slings, but the single point is calling my name.
          For personal/work use, running a long range rifle "long Gun" , I've always use a two point for comfortability purposes if your going to be humping a heavy gun longer distances. while conducting close quarters combat operations I prefer a single point because its simple and easier to maneuver a lighter CQC length weapon. I would say you'll get more versatility out of a two point because now a days some of the two points available can easily be turned into a single point very quickly.

Comment

There are a number of slings that can be used as a single or dual point, I prefer these on an AR platform so I can have the best of both.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Ruiz View Post
              This is such a personal thing, its so hard to answer!

2 Point slings have better retention and carry options, but can be tricky to manipulate if not setup properly or you haven't trained with it in close quarters. they are more comfortable during extended carrying, just like THC mentioned above.

1 Point slings are simple and effective. Super fast and there's nothing to really manipulate or get tangled with. Retention options are terrible, unless you're wearing a plate carrier where you can create alternate retention options.

The best thing you can do is learn to use them both and you'll know exactly which one to use as you prepare for your mission.
              what he said

Comment

Looks like Im going to have to buy one of each and test it out. Great input from everyone here

Comment

• GlockGuy
                  GlockGuy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You could also buy a two-point that converts to a single point. Problem solved!
              Working...
              X