Anyone a AK guru?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone a AK guru?

Ammo is cheap, guns just run and run. I've decided to tune up the old ak and update one I had a bit and build a new AK pistol. Anyone else running the ol 7.62x39 out there?

Originally posted by BruiserInd View Post
    Ammo is cheap, guns just run and run. I've decided to tune up the old ak and update one I had a bit and build a new AK pistol. Anyone else running the ol 7.62x39 out there?
    Privet, Comrade. I am the droid you are looking for...

Where is Fred Ruiz ? I know this hater is gon' come up in here talking all foul about commie guns. Probably call you a commie. Then sell you a fleshlight.

.. I've got an NPAP. Milled lower receiver, full auto BCG (not fun switch though), MI Rail, Surefire loit (mounted toit... like toiger Fred Ruiz ), chromelined barrel... It's the nastiness. What is your question specifically? What is your current build like? What are you looking to do?

Right off the bat I'd pick up a slightly heavier spring. I've got a wolf spring on mine that is about 15% heavier, and a LANTAC brake. Both of those are quick and dirty ways to get it feeling like it should.

Comment

Originally posted by AVRDefense View Post

Privet, Comrade. I am the droid you are looking for...

Where is Fred Ruiz ? I know this hater is gon' come up in here talking all foul about commie guns. Probably call you a commie. Then sell you a fleshlight.

.. I've got an NPAP. Milled lower receiver, full auto BCG (not fun switch though), MI Rail, Surefire loit (mounted toit... like toiger Fred Ruiz ), chromelined barrel... It's the nastiness. What is your question specifically? What is your current build like? What are you looking to do?

Right off the bat I'd pick up a slightly heavier spring. I've got a wolf spring on mine that is about 15% heavier, and a LANTAC brake. Both of those are quick and dirty ways to get it feeling like it should.
      I actually just updated an old 47 I had with a SLR rail and muzzle brake, a Krebs selector, a tromix handle, its got a AR buffer tube, mod light etc. pretty happy with how it turned out just figuring how I want the final configuration to be for my red dot, right now its on the front rail but trying a circle 10 rear sight pic rail this week to see how that is. I also have a meridian defense little dirty on order and would love to add a rifle dynamics Krink or a PA AKV. I think the hatred of the platform comes from people afraid to learn new mechanics for a different platform. We see that a lot with going from one pistol to another or any other swap requiring people to slow down to speed back up. I know I would be much faster overall if I thinned my collection to one rifle platform or one pistol type but I would be doing my students or the validity of my recommendations a disservice if I didn't try to have a working, actual knowledge of as much as I could. How can you recommend an option when your experience comes from a sample size of 1? not to say that the option in this industry that you have experience is bad but I see too many discount other options because they of their lack of experience. Just my view on in.

I see my lack of experience with a platform as an opportunity for growth and a chance to do something that will challenge me.

Comment

AK's are generally thought of as "cheap", inaccurate platforms. There are cheap and "inaccurate" versions of any weapon system - including AR's. AK's are generally going to be more reliable simply because they are less susceptible to malfunctions because of their design. Not including any rail attachments or optics, I'm about $1K into mine. It is easier to field strip and clean than any other weapon I own, with the exception of my Glocks. I don't understand the general dislike for them, but a valid argument against it is the uncommon use of the round here in the states.

I can ring steel with it out to 4-500 yards, which is more than capable. Muzzle energy is pretty similar between the two but I think another valid argument for the 5.56 over the 7.62 is the flatter bullet trajectory. The 5.56 is just a lighter round that flies a bit faster (more affected by wind, though, so that's a drawback).

I usually don't debate people on this subject. The bottom line is pretty much the point you eluded to - know how to use your ****in weapons and it won't matter much what you decide to use.

I will say this, though - I just put together an AR pistol, and it is nice having something extremely LIGHT and easy to manipulate. I think the ergonomics of the AR platform are superior in many ways. Safety lever, mag release, not having to "rock" the mags in. Again, not like this can't be corrected with training.

Also, the lower receiver on my AK has a side rail for side-mounted optic mount, which runs to the top and over the dust cover. I recommend this to people simply because you get better eye relief and a slightly higher mounted optic. It feels more natural to me and it is easy to remove if the optic goes down. It also frees up rail space on the hand guard which is good because it is already limited on even a full size AK.

I don't remember what trigger I dropped in it but its light and crisp. It might be an ALG... I'd have to dig up the order for you if you want to know.

I use an ACE skeleton stock on mine, btw.

Originally posted by BruiserInd View Post

I actually just updated an old 47 I had with a SLR rail and muzzle brake, a Krebs selector, a tromix handle, its got a AR buffer tube, mod light etc. pretty happy with how it turned out just figuring how I want the final configuration to be for my red dot, right now its on the front rail but trying a circle 10 rear sight pic rail this week to see how that is. I also have a meridian defense little dirty on order and would love to add a rifle dynamics Krink or a PA AKV. I think the hatred of the platform comes from people afraid to learn new mechanics for a different platform. We see that a lot with going from one pistol to another or any other swap requiring people to slow down to speed back up. I know I would be much faster overall if I thinned my collection to one rifle platform or one pistol type but I would be doing my students or the validity of my recommendations a disservice if I didn't try to have a working, actual knowledge of as much as I could. How can you recommend an option when your experience comes from a sample size of 1? not to say that the option in this industry that you have experience is bad but I see too many discount other options because they of their lack of experience. Just my view on in.

I see my lack of experience with a platform as an opportunity for growth and a chance to do something that will challenge me.

Comment

Working...
        X