Differences among major rifle brands versus the up and comers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences among major rifle brands versus the up and comers

I’m looking to get a new rifle and I’m familiar with a lot of the big name AR brands out there. But I see a lot of small shops on social media selling tricked out ARs. There are so many of these small brands now that I don’t really know what sets them apart from other small brands or even bigger brands.

I feel that buying a known brand would be more reliable. But where do these smaller brands usually fit in the picture? Do they fill a need or want for different looking designs or do they really shoot that much better?

Smaller brands are typically only manufacturing a lower receiver with their logo on it. Everything else is usually a parts build with a Cerakote job. I’m not one for fashion when it comes to guns but it is very marketable to many other people. I only care about function. There are so many brands, big and small, that it’s difficult to compare them all to make a comment on which one is better. Perhaps you can post some models that you are interested in and see if we can do a pros and cons.
    My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

As Fred mentioned, a lot of small shops are just building rifles on an upper/lower with their own logo. Some even outsource those parts. It really depends on what you are looking for in a new rifle.

There are a few shops/individuals who have been in the business a long time and will build you a custom rifle based on reliability, accuracy, weight, or a combination of all of the above.

Most reputable brand rifles do just fine out of the box.
      Move FAST, Shoot in CONTROL

www.stealthshooting.com

My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Thanks Fred and Jason.

Some brands that I recall from gun shows are Aero Precision, Zev Technologies, Battle Arms Development, Midwest Industries, and Strike Industries.

Comment

I have my opinions with each of those. Just be careful with the trendy designer brands.

Comment

Working...
          X