Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Ruiz
    replied
    I have my opinions with each of those. Just be careful with the trendy designer brands.

Leave a comment:

• GlockGuy
    replied
    Thanks Fred and Jason.

Some brands that I recall from gun shows are Aero Precision, Zev Technologies, Battle Arms Development, Midwest Industries, and Strike Industries.

Leave a comment:

• JRedding
    replied
    As Fred mentioned, a lot of small shops are just building rifles on an upper/lower with their own logo. Some even outsource those parts. It really depends on what you are looking for in a new rifle.

There are a few shops/individuals who have been in the business a long time and will build you a custom rifle based on reliability, accuracy, weight, or a combination of all of the above.

Most reputable brand rifles do just fine out of the box.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Ruiz
    replied
    Smaller brands are typically only manufacturing a lower receiver with their logo on it. Everything else is usually a parts build with a Cerakote job. I’m not one for fashion when it comes to guns but it is very marketable to many other people. I only care about function. There are so many brands, big and small, that it’s difficult to compare them all to make a comment on which one is better. Perhaps you can post some models that you are interested in and see if we can do a pros and cons.

Leave a comment:

• Differences among major rifle brands versus the up and comers

I’m looking to get a new rifle and I’m familiar with a lot of the big name AR brands out there. But I see a lot of small shops on social media selling tricked out ARs. There are so many of these small brands now that I don’t really know what sets them apart from other small brands or even bigger brands.

I feel that buying a known brand would be more reliable. But where do these smaller brands usually fit in the picture? Do they fill a need or want for different looking designs or do they really shoot that much better?
Working...
X