80% lowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80% lowers

with all the they commin to take our guns, I have seen much on making ghosts with jig set. Is this gonna get me in trouble or is it even good product to try?
    thank you for your time.

From everything I have read it is completely legal is most states (only reason I say most is that you never know with CA, VA, NY, MA, etc etc). It isn't hard to find the actual law using about 5 minutes of time and the ol' google. You can also call your local ATF agent and ask. This seems scary but they are normally very helpful and appreciate when people are trying to follow the law lol. I live across the street from one, super good guy. I have done one and I put my own serial number and city of manufacture on it. Works great and I verified the requirements with the ATF.

Comment

thank you bruiserind

Comment

Originally posted by dave View Post
        with all the they commin to take our guns, I have seen much on making ghosts with jig set. Is this gonna get me in trouble or is it even good product to try?
        thank you for your time.
        Dave,
        I actually compete with an 80% Glock variant from Polymer80. I’ve been shooting for them for about two years now, putting their product through a lot of abuse, and have tens of thousands of rounds through them. No issues on my builds and I actually prefer them over a standard Glock frame.

I don’t have much experience with 80% polymer AR15 lowers. There’s seems to beat lot of satisfied customers with alloy 80% lowers, but I would recommend doing it properly with a CNC.

Another option to learn more about compliance is to call the company offering an 80% product. They have to manufacture within certain legal constraints approved by the ATF, so they should be able to help you with some of the legal requirements.
        My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

thank you very much for your reply and time Fred

Comment

Anytime, Dave! Looking forward to seeing what you build.
            My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Working...
            X