Re-chambering defense loads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-chambering defense loads?

I did a search, but I couldn’t find any prior discussion on this topic.

I’ve read many different opinions on whether you should re-chamber your defense rounds or not. Can you help to provide additional guidance on this? Also, I’m talking about semi-auto handguns mostly, but maybe carbines as well.

If you say never re-chamber a round, please explain why? If you say re-chambering one or two times is ok, please also explain your reasoning.

Thank you.

Hey Andrew,

I'm pinging a couple of the guys to give their opinions.

Coch Steiny

Personally, I've never heard to not re-chamber. What I have heard is to rotate your chambered load.
    Last edited by Myles; 06-10-2020, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Hi Andrew,

I will and have re-chambered hundreds of rounds and have never experienced a primer failure due to it. I understand those that have the opinion that the slight mark/dimpling could create an issue of primer failure or whatever...... I just have never experienced it. In my past life, we constantly re-chambered rounds. Every night, when the work is done and your back at the FOB, you take all of your kit to the "ready room" and go on with priorities of work. One of the very first things we always did when getting off the pads was clear our weapons. That ejected round was almost always reseated back into the mag and we went on with life.

Hope this helps.

Dave
      My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

I'm with Steiny on this, we had the same basic procedure when we got back from an op. Clear your weapons and reload the chambered round into your mag, never had an issue, never gave it a second thought.
        My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Awesome. Thank you Myles, Steiny, and Coch for your input. I often question the information I read online, so it’s always good to learn from experts with real life experiences.

Comment

Working...
          X