Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s the difference between Navy SEAL Team 6 and Delta Force?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s the difference between Navy SEAL Team 6 and Delta Force?

I understand that SEAL Team 6 and Delta Force are considered tier 1 military units and that one belongs to the Navy and the other the Army, or I’ve also heard Delta Force can recruit from other units, but I”m not sure about this.

Do they both do the same thing? If so, why have to units? If not, what makes the two different?

First rule of Fight Club..........
    My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Hmmm....What if I copy and paste an answer I found to this question on the Internet? Can you let me know if it's accurate or not?

Comment

• Myles
        Myles commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey GlockGuy,

Because of the nature of their work and their relationships with various units, associations, etc., many of our SMEs can't/won't answer certain questions for a number of reasons. Your question, unfortunately, is one of them. I hope you understand and respect this.

However, I can provide some insight based on discussions I've had with our SMEs. Seal Team 6 or DEVGRU are the common names for the Naval Special Warfare Development Group, which is the Navy's premier counter-terrorist unit. Delta Force is the common name for 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (SFOD-D), the Army's premier counter-terrorist unit.

So the are both counter-terrorist units, but DEVGRU tends to be more involved with maritime missions.

Hope this helps!

Lol yeah not today ISIS LOL

EL O EL

Comment

Working...
      X