Watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watches

Hello I'm from the UK. A few weeks ago I found out about the tactical hyve youtube channel. The first video I watched was actually about Mark cochiolos edc. The first thing that caught my eye was the watch you were wearing.
    May I ask what watches you are wearing and how you manged to get the other one onto the strap.

Many thanks

Coch , someone else is asking about the watch!

Hey Roland, you’re not the first! I’ve pinged Coch so you should hear from him soon.

Comment

Hello Roland, I have the Garmin Fenix 5 Saphire on the inside for phone interface and Heart rate etc. I love the Fenix, but I hate having to scroll from the multi-function face to see what time it is while I'm working out, so I put the Scurfa Diver One D1 500 dive watch on the outside, its a quartz watch with a sapphire crystal, reliable, reasonably priced and tough as nails. I don't baby my gear so the classic Rolex stays home 99% of the time. As for mounting I just found a longer NATO strap, not sure of the brand, and mounted it on the end, this puts the buckle on the pinky side of my wrist but I don't find it to be uncomfortable. Hope this helps.
      My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Thanks for the reply I assume that's a suunto compass you have as well.

Comment

Roland,

Welcome to the forum, I use the Fenix 5 as well, it is a good watch. It has quite a few cool functions on it. The compass is nice, it will get you in the ballpark. Just be sure and calibrate it before each use and check it with a real compass. I have heard of guys using the Altimeter function on the watch for jumping, I wouldn't recommend that however it could be a solid back up and also give you a ball park figure for elevation if you are using it to assist you with land navigation.

Be mindful that if you use it in the GPS mode the battery is not going to last that long, wanna say the last time I used that function it was about 4-5hours for me. But then again I was in the mountains and the watch was constantly searching for satellites.

Suunto has some great watches as well, though I haven't used them for a couple years since I got my Fenix 5. It all depends on what you are hoping to accomplish with it.

I hope that helps.
          My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Working...
          X