Engaging a threat during a long car ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engaging a threat during a long car ride

I’m sure we’ve all sat in a car for a couple hours or more. When you finally get out of the car, your legs and butt are stiff. You can hardly walk, and you certainly can’t run properly. If I had to exit my car to immediately respond to a threat, it would be tough.

Any tips to keep your legs and body fresh and responsive during a long car ride?

The adrenaline rush will make the stiffness go away but making sure you have good blood flow while driving on long road trips is a must. I drive 10 to 11 hrs a day for work, I try to stop every 2hrs to use the bathroom and stretch my legs. While driving make sure your seat is adjusted to allow a slight bend in your knees . While running on cruise control move your toes and feet. I also where loose fitting clothing that allows good circulation

Comment

Thank you ferretti, that’s a good idea to plan for more stretch breaks, make sure my seat is comfortable, and use cruise control.
      Last edited by AndrewL14; 12-19-2020, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Good question! Perhaps Coch or Steiny have some insights? Just assuming they spent a lot of time waiting around.

Comment

Just like the other SME’s in here I’ve had some long rides in helo’s, boats and vehicles on the way to targets. Ferretti69 is completely on point. Even after the long and often uncomfortable rides, the adrenaline kicks in and I don’t even notice the stiffness.

That’s not to say you can’t or shouldn’t take steps to improve your circulation and over all comfort where/when you can. Just a point that when it is time to go, the last thing on my mind is if my wheels are stiff.
          Last edited by Steiny; 12-28-2020, 09:04 AM.
          My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Thank you, Steiny. That’s good to hear someone else confirm that adrenaline is a good cure. But I will also try to stay comfortable and move as much as I can.

Comment

Working...
            X