X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AndrewL14
    replied
    Thanks Myles.
    Yeah, I always thought the magnetic holsters would be kind of sketchy. I hadn’t even thought about a car accident, but I definitely want to avoid the risk of a flying handgun.

Thanks, I usually carry in my holster, but there are times when the car door or center console are so much more comfortable.

Leave a comment:

• Myles
    replied
    Originally posted by AndrewL14 View Post
    Another add-on for this topic. What would you recommend regarding handgun placement in the car?

Is it better to carry in your holster while driving? I could see the seatbelt or your shirt/jacket being a possible obstacle. Plus it can be uncomfortable.

Or would it be better to keep it somewhere like the car door or center console for easy access?
    You'll get a lot of differing opinions. Most I know prefer to carry it on their person, but then there are others who will keep it elsewhere, like their center console.

Almost every serious shooter I know hates the magnetic holders or any holder/hoslter that attaches to the car with the gun in the open. If one gets bumped, i.e. a fender bender, the gun will likely come loose.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL14
    replied
    Another add-on for this topic. What would you recommend regarding handgun placement in the car?

Is it better to carry in your holster while driving? I could see the seatbelt or your shirt/jacket being a possible obstacle. Plus it can be uncomfortable.

Or would it be better to keep it somewhere like the car door or center console for easy access?

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL14
    replied
    Thank you, Steiny. That’s good to hear someone else confirm that adrenaline is a good cure. But I will also try to stay comfortable and move as much as I can.

Leave a comment:

• Steiny
    replied
    Just like the other SME’s in here I’ve had some long rides in helo’s, boats and vehicles on the way to targets. Ferretti69 is completely on point. Even after the long and often uncomfortable rides, the adrenaline kicks in and I don’t even notice the stiffness.

That’s not to say you can’t or shouldn’t take steps to improve your circulation and over all comfort where/when you can. Just a point that when it is time to go, the last thing on my mind is if my wheels are stiff.
    Last edited by Steiny; 12-28-2020, 08:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Myles
    replied
    Good question! Perhaps Coch or Steiny have some insights? Just assuming they spent a lot of time waiting around.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL14
    replied
    Thank you ferretti, that’s a good idea to plan for more stretch breaks, make sure my seat is comfortable, and use cruise control.
    Last edited by AndrewL14; 12-19-2020, 08:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ferretti69
    replied
    The adrenaline rush will make the stiffness go away but making sure you have good blood flow while driving on long road trips is a must. I drive 10 to 11 hrs a day for work, I try to stop every 2hrs to use the bathroom and stretch my legs. While driving make sure your seat is adjusted to allow a slight bend in your knees . While running on cruise control move your toes and feet. I also where loose fitting clothing that allows good circulation

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL14
    started a topic Engaging a threat during a long car ride

Engaging a threat during a long car ride

I’m sure we’ve all sat in a car for a couple hours or more. When you finally get out of the car, your legs and butt are stiff. You can hardly walk, and you certainly can’t run properly. If I had to exit my car to immediately respond to a threat, it would be tough.

Any tips to keep your legs and body fresh and responsive during a long car ride?
Working...
X