Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sights.... are night sights needed ? Or should I get fiber optic sights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sights.... are night sights needed ? Or should I get fiber optic sights?

Hello all,

Are night sights needed ? Or should I get fiber optic sights?

Got my g45 and I am at a crossroads as to get night sights or get fiber optics ? What are y'alls thoughts / experience for a conceal carry option? Thanks

I asked the same question in the ccw section. Personally I use fiber optics since my eyes aren't as great as before. For me it's easier to pick up and offers continuity since my edc and competition guns run fiber optics.

https://forum.tacticalhyve.com/forum...-wml-necessary

Comment

I agree with Angry Smurf. I run fiber optics as well, and I have the exact same sight set on all my pistols.

For me, I feel there is too much visual data to process efficiently when using night sights. Some newer types/designs are better than most, and personally if I were to choose, I’d use the Trijicon HD XR set.

When the conversation about night sights comes up, I always bring up natural point of aim and how it relates to sight alignment. If you learn to understand how this relates to your firearm presentation and more so how the eye works, then you will have a better understanding of what sights will work best for you.

Theres a reason why almost all competition shooters run a blacked out rear and fiber optic front.
      My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Cool cool.

Thats kind of the route I'm leaning towards.

So what about night time/low light situations? Does fiber optic provide enough sight picture to acquire a target ? Or is a the weapon light needed to provide sufficient light to help acquire the target?

Thanks
        Last edited by CactusManAz; 06-15-2019, 05:15 AM. Reason: Fixed wording of question

Comment

Fiber optic sights do a real good job of lighting up in most ambient light conditions, there will be a point however, where a weapon light or flashlight will be needed to light them up.
          My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Originally posted by Coch View Post
            Fiber optic sights do a real good job of lighting up in most ambient light conditions, there will be a point however, where a weapon light or flashlight will be needed to light them up.
            I'm with coch on this and fiberoptic sights fall out. for all my defensive pistols I run white outline tritium front with a blacked out rear. Only one dot to worry about. Comp guns I run red fiber optic. in daylight fiber optic does wonders.. I'm not relying on natural point of aim in a defensive situation because I most likely will not be in a ideal situation with stance, most likely moving or behind cover and have to worry about what is behind my target and possibly shooting around or in the midst of other people. I want to know where my bullets are going.

Comment

My comp guns have fiber optics and they will fall out eventually. If this is a dedicated carry gun get night sights. I live pretty rural I don't carry all the time. 99% of my threat is 4 legged so my dedicated carry/defense gun has tritium night sights, red dot and a light. I'm not trying to conceal it.

Comment

Working...
              X