Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 25 Yard Pistol Challenge for July 2019!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 25 Yard Pistol Challenge for July 2019!!!

Hi all!

We're starting a challenge for all our members who want to participate (SMEs included!). The prize is a Tactical Hyve shirt and hat of your choice. Multiple winners are allowed. For our SMEs, a very nice bottle of scotch, bourbon, wine, or milk.

The challenge is to shoot an 8-BC Repair Center target from 25-yards with a pistol of your choice. You can buy a pack of 100 of these targets on Amazon for less than $20 (https://amzn.to/2k54yt1).

We will have two divisions: one with a red dot and one with iron sights. You can enter only one division.

Here are the rules:
    • You have 15 seconds for red dot users and 20 seconds for iron sights
    • 10 rounds from 25 yards out, standing with no support.
    • You need to score at least 80 to qualify, but the highest score wins. (There will be multiple winners if there is a tie.)
    • Pistols should be stock, but you can have upgraded sights and a match barrel. We honestly have no way to really know if you've made any other mods, so we are going to rely on an honor system. (Personally, I will be shooting a G19 stock with no match barrel, just upgraded iron sights.)
    • You must film your best run showing the gun used, a clean target, then showing you shoot the target (you and the target in the video), and showing your target after shooting (walk up to it after you shoot) and score. There should be no cuts in the footage. (You will also need to verify you are 25 yards out-- the easiest way to do this is at an indoor range where you can film the distance.)
    • Post a photo of your target and your score in this thread, and post your video on YouTube with the title, "Tactical Hyve 25 Yard Pistol Challenge".
    • Once you post your photo and score in this thread, your entry is final.
    • Entries are allowed until July 31,10pm PST.
    • Full-size pistols are allowed and will give you better groupings/scores. You're welcome to use them if that is your normal everyday carry. We recommend using the gun you carry all the time for defensive purposes.
    Good luck to everyone!
    Last edited by Myles; 07-20-2019, 11:28 AM.

Billy , BruiserInd , CCWUSA , Coch , Fred Ruiz , Gordon , Greg Hake , Matt , Scott Satterlee , and Tac Hyve Cadre .

Any of you in?

Comment

I am In Brother !
      My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Matt Oh man...I better start practicing then! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
          I am In Brother !
          Matt, do you have targets at the store? I can come by Friday and try it out!
          My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

We do amigo but only have 14 yards here at the Gstore ... in am gonna shoot up in Alpine , your always welcome . Anyone in the TH family is always welcome !

Comment

I'm probably in, I'll try to get the the range this weekend.

Comment

I'm in going Sunday ! G26 stock with tru-glo night sites.

Comment

I'll throw my hat in the ring and see what happens.
                  I'll be shooting my everyday carry gun...stock XD Sub-Compact in 40 S&W.
                  Good luck everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB View Post
                    I'll throw my hat in the ring and see what happens.
                    I'll be shooting my everyday carry gun...stock XD Sub-Compact in 40 S&W.
                    Good luck everyone!
                    Awesome! Nice to see you in the forums, Randy!

Good luck with the challenge! I'll be practicing today! lol

Comment

I’m gonna see if I can get some range time at work to do this!

Comment

Yallllll about to get some of that chin work. I'm in. I'll get out and do it this weekend

Comment

Who else is practicing? First two practice attempts: 99 and 88.

G19 with iron sights. First one was great, but over by a second, i.e. 21 seconds. Second, I rushed it and finished in about 15 seconds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6958.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	529
                          Last edited by Myles; 07-17-2019, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Off to the Island next week, I think we have some of those targets out there, I'll see if I can beat Gordo!

Comment

Good luck Coch, I should bring my 1911.

Comment

Working...
                              X