Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August 2019 Challenge with Fred Ruiz (Win a Private Training Day with Fred in Vegas!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 2019 Challenge with Fred Ruiz (Win a Private Training Day with Fred in Vegas!)

It's time for our next challenge! This is going to be a great one, and we will have two winners!

Fred Ruiz has come up with a great challenge for August, and we'll think you'll like it. We are going to have beginner and intermediate/advanced divisions.

Divisions

Two divisions, a Beginner's Division and one for Intermediate/Advanced Shooters.

The Beginner's Division is meant for anyone who shoots only occasionally, roughly 1-2 a month max who also has less than a year of experience.

Challenge Rules

Here are the details (with a video at the end that further demonstrates):

1. Use a regular 8.5 X 11 piece of paper as your target (instructions in the video)

2. Targets are to be shot in alphabetical order. First, shoot A and B, perform mandatory reload, then shoot C, D, E.
    • A requires 5 hits
    • B requires 1 hits
    • C requires 4 hits
    • D requires 2 hits
    • E requires 3 hits
    3. Shoot from 5 yards
    4. Misses do not count against you, but you need the required number of hits on each target to qualify.
    5. Par time for the Beginner division is 15 seconds. Par time for the Intermediate/Advanced division is 10 seconds.
    6. You must use a timer and film yourself shooting as Fred did without any cuts. Please show a clean target, your hits after you're finished, and your time.
    7. Contest is open to only Tactical Hyve forum members, and the Private Training Day prize is open to only members from the continental U.S.

Prizes
    • Beginner Division: All entries who meet or beat the par time will be entered into a random drawing. The winner will receive a free Tactical Hyve shirt and hat of their choice.
    • Intermediate / Advanced Division: All entries who meet or beat the par time will be entered into a random drawing. The winner will receive a free Tactical Hyve shirt and hat of their choice. In addition, we will fly the winner to train with Fred in Vegas for a day! Tactical Hyve will cover the training and your flight from anywhere in the continental U.S.
    To Submit Your Entry
    • Upload your video to Instagram or YouTube.
      • If you upload to Instagram, make sure your video is less than 60 seconds. Make sure to follow (@tacticalhyve) and tag Tactical Hyve, and in the description of your post, please state "Here's my entry to the August 2019 Pistol Challenge with @fredruiz3gun and @tacticalhyve"
      • If you upload to YouTube, in the title, please use: "My entry to Tactical Hyve's August 2019 Pistol Challenge with Former Navy SEAL Fred Ruiz". For the description, please state: ""Here's my entry to the August 2019 Pistol Challenge with Fred Ruiz and #tacticalhyve." (Please use # instead of @ for YouTube.)
    • Next, in this forum thread, please post that you've submitted your entry via Instagram or YouTube, along with your time. If you used Instagram, please provide your user name. If you used Youtube, please post the link to the video here with your post.

Deadline to Enter
    • August 31, 2019 at 9pm PST
    • Winners will be announced on Friday, Sept. 6 at 12pm PST
    GOODLUCK TO EVERYONE!

​​​​​​​

Ohhh... Let's get all nasty.

See you next month Fred. Lol.

Also, I live just North of Vegas in St George.

Cheers men

Comment

Doooooo iiiiiiittt!!!
      My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Fred I'm going to do your challenge, but I am going to try and beat your 7 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by JayAFT View Post
          Fred I'm going to do your challenge, but I am going to try and beat your 7 seconds.
          Go for it! It’s fairly simple, but high enough round count that consistency is key! Looking forward to your video!
          My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Ruiz View Post

Go for it! It’s fairly simple, but high enough round count that consistency is key! Looking forward to your video!
            Accuracy through volume. Lol

Toss in a 30 round mag, just go full retard (with a reload, of course).

4 seconds. Watch me.

Comment

Originally posted by AVRDefense View Post

Accuracy through volume. Lol

Toss in a 30 round mag, just go full retard (with a reload, of course).

4 seconds. Watch me.
              Never go full retard...lol

Comment

How's everyone doing with their preparations for the challenge? Has anyone run the course of fire yet?

Don't forget to follow the instructions in the original post to submit your entry. Good luck!

Comment

This looks like a good away to practice. How about those of us in places like jersey, though? Ranges are always a couple steps from being harrased into closure by the state, so while I might get the ok to "fire rapidly" (yes, that's a thing here) even out-of-state ccw holders aren't allowed to do "dangerous" things like holster/draw. Low ready? Isreali?

Comment

Originally posted by crashjust4kix View Post
                    This looks like a good away to practice. How about those of us in places like jersey, though? Ranges are always a couple steps from being harrased into closure by the state, so while I might get the ok to "fire rapidly" (yes, that's a thing here) even out-of-state ccw holders aren't allowed to do "dangerous" things like holster/draw. Low ready? Isreali?
                    Sorry to hear! Yes, that definitely makes this challenge difficult to do--in your situation. Unfortunately, this month's challenge does require rapid firing.

Maybe ask them if they would allow you to do it for the challenge, and maybe go early or really late when there are only a few people?

I don't know how strict the ranges are there, but won't hurt to ask?

Comment

Oh, I can probably get away with shooting quick, but without being LEO drawing is definitely out- so what's the next best alternative starting position?

Comment

Oh, I can probably get away with shooting quick, but without being LEO drawing is definitely out- so what's the next best alternative starting position?
                        Got it. Fred Ruiz came up with this month's challenge, so let's see what he has to say.

Fred, what are your thoughts on allowing those who cannot draw from a holster because of range limitations. Should they be allowed to leave their weapon on a range bay table, and pick it up from there instead of a holster?

Comment

I just got word from Fred, and if you can't use your holster, you can start with your gun on the range bay table, and pick it up from there when the buzzer sounds.

Comment

Excellent. Can't wait to leave this place, scouting land out that way in october, actually. Time to move back to the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                              How's everyone doing with their preparations for the challenge? Has anyone run the course of fire yet?

Don't forget to follow the instructions in the original post to submit your entry. Good luck!
                              Haven't done mine yet but I'll get on it when I get home at the end of the month.

Comment

Working...
                              X