Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Jack Wilson Challenge for January 2020!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jack Wilson Challenge for January 2020!

We hope everyone had an amazing holiday season!

To start off the year, we're offering a chance to win a free Tactical Hyve class and free swag for all forum members who enter our January 2020 challenge. (Based on the recent attack in Texas, to pay homage to Mr. Wilson, we are calling it "The Jack Wilson Challenge.")

Mr. Wilson took down the threat with one headshot from about 16-yards away. Not an easy shot at all, given that the threat was moving and the high-stress level.

Training is key, and Mr. Wilson's years of training and experience paid off when the time came. Watch a recent interview with Mr. Wilson where he discusses the shooting and his and his teams' training.

Do you feel your skill level measures up? Put your training to the test with this month's challenge!

The Jack Wilson Challenge Details

Who is the challenge for?
    Prizes
    • Two winners will be randomly selected among all qualifying entries-- a grand prize winner and runner-up.
    • The grand prize winner will receive:
    • The runner-up will receive
      • A Tactical Hyve t-shirt and hat of your choice.
    Challenge Details

• The challenge requires a concealed carry draw. You do not need to have friendlies in between you and the target. If your range does not allow you to use a concealed carry holster, you may use an outside the waistband holster.
    • If your range does not allow you to 'step off the X' at the beginning of the challenge, you may remain stationary.

How to Enter
    1. Carry out the challenge as described in the video above.
    2. Have a friend film you or take a video of yourself successfully completing the challenge, and please show your time in the video along with your shot placement. You may use any small target to represent a person's head--paper, steel, etc.
    3. Post the video on Facebook or Instagram, and tag Tactical Hyve. In the caption/description of your post, please use: "My entry into the @tacticalhyve January 2020 Challenge."
    4. Post your time in this thread along with a link to your Facebook or Instagram post.
    5. To qualify, you must complete the challenge in 5 seconds or less--one headshot, no misses allowed.
    Entries through January 31, 2020 will be counted.

Winner Selection
    • We will conduct a live, random drawing among all qualifying entries on February 3, 2020. We will also send an email to all subscribers announcing the winners and will post the winners names in this thread.
    See how your skills measure up. Enter January's challenge--good luck!

3.55 but not happy with shot placement. 2nd attempt much better and a bit faster at 3.31. Camera man was Myles, but having technical difficulties.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B66g1fqJ...=1ip970on05m8m

Comment

Don't forget to post your times here and a link to your video on Facebook or IG! Some of you are not following directions. We will not entertain entries if you email your video or direct message the video to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
        Don't forget to post your times here and a link to your video on Facebook or IG! Some of you are not following directions. We will not entertain entries if you email your video or direct message the video to us.

Someone of us still don't have FB or IG....... 😉

Comment

Originally posted by gunfixrjoe View Post

Someone of us still don't have FB or IG....... 😉
          It's time to create an account on one of them!

We're very active on both IG and FB as well. Here are our accounts if you end up creating a FB or IG account, and would like to follow us.

https://instagram.com/tacticalhyve

https://www.facebook.com/tacticalhyve/

As for posting a video, it's actually easier for one to post on a social media platform, then share the link here (as opposed to uploading directly here).

Comment

I'd like to participate but it would be the end of February before I could. My outdoor range is located within hunting grounds and I wouldn't want to disturb the area until after the season is over. Maybe you can do another for February or March?

God Bless,
            Ralph

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph III View Post
              I'd like to participate but it would be the end of February before I could. My outdoor range is located within hunting grounds and I wouldn't want to disturb the area until after the season is over. Maybe you can do another for February or March?

God Bless,
              Ralph
              We'll have a different challenge next month with a different prize.

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ATueVB...=1rf5lbb6g26x3

2:43

I opted to do the challenge in my duty attire. We carry concealed but on the outside waistband with a Lvl 2 retention holster (1 active & 1 passive). We use a jacket or vest to conceal our gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles306 View Post
                  https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ATueVB...=1rf5lbb6g26x3

2:43

I opted to do the challenge in my duty attire. We carry concealed but on the outside waistband with a Lvl 2 retention holster (1 active & 1 passive). We use a jacket or vest to conceal our gear.
                  Great job! Well, this is going to be an easy one given only two people were active enough to get out to the range and get it done All we have to do is flip a coin now.

Charles306 head or tails? I'll create a video flipping the coin. If you call it right, you get a free class and swag. If you lose, you get swag--so you win either way!

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post

Great job! Well, this is going to be an easy one given only two people were active enough to get out to the range and get it done All we have to do is flip a coin now.

Charles306 head or tails? I'll create a video flipping the coin. If you call it right, you get a free class and swag. If you lose, you get swag--so you win either way!

Haha! I’ll go with tails!

Comment

Missed out on this , been a little to busy lately

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky80 View Post
                        Missed out on this , been a little to busy lately
                        We'll have a new challenge up soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Charles306 View Post

Haha! I’ll go with tails!
                          Here you go Charles306 !

Please email your full name, address, and style of hat/short (along with size) that you'd like to [email protected], and we'll send it out to you this week!

Comment

Working...
                          X