Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings Tactical Hyve Members!

Randy here from Central Washington.
    I've had the good fortune to provide a couple of content pieces for the new website and thought I'd better get on the forums as well to see what I can learn and glean from all the great SME's who are contributing to our shooting education.

I enjoy all things guns and reloading. In a previous life I was the lead instructor for the BSA National Camping Schools-Shooting Sports Section for seven seasons.
    Come fall you will find me deep in the backcountry looking for mule deer or elk. I call myself a fly fisherman, but I'm a pure novice...small streams and high alpine lakes are my favorite places to hunt trout.

Recently I've decided to add to my handgun skills by taking up the intro-level action shooting matches at our local indoor range. I shoot decently, but adding a timer, multiple targets, and different scenarios forces one to think about shooting, not just pulling the trigger. So far it has been a great learning experience.

My wife and I live in the country with a couple of geriatric beagles, some barn kitties and soon, an additional Quarter Horse moving in. We love gardening, hiking, photography, and being independent and prepared.

nice to meet you Randy! I'm down in central Oregon so if you ever want to get together and shoot I'm sure we can set something up.

Comment

Thanks Bruiser!
      I'd love to get together sometime. Always looking to learn more about shooting and firearms. Likewise, if you get up to Yakima let me know. My inlaws have a place west of town where we have carved out a range in the woods to shoot handguns and shotguns.

Randy

Comment

Hey there Randy,
        I just saw your intro note. I grew up in the south where hunting deer and hogs is very different than the west. I moved to Arizona this last year and quickly realized that it is a completely different type of hunting and fishing than what I know. I say that with the hopes that if you ever have room to share some west coast fin & fur knowledge maybe we can link up and spend some time on the range too.

Dave
        My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Dave,
          I can imagine the culture shock of the west's wide open spaces vs. the south.
          I'd love to get after some hogs sometime with a revolver.

I'm blessed and cursed in WA...we have more huntable species than any other state, but we are saddled with a bunch of libtards who are slowly doing everything they can to take our freedom.

I can hunt elk, mule deer, turkey, bears, upland birds, rabbits within in 15 minutes of my home. My wife saw bighorn sheep today about 20 minutes west of town coming back from kayaking with friends.

I'm heading out to the ranch this evening to give this August shooting challenge a run and see if I can throw my name in the hat for the drawing.

I'd be happy to share knowledge, but I would never recommend anyone who is a non-resident come to WA to hunt. License and tags are way too expensive and your chance of drawing is slim. I'd look to Idaho and Wyoming for better draw odds, better seasons, and lower costs.

Randy

Comment

Thanks Randy. Next time I'm headed back to Ga to hunt, I will let you know. Who knows, could be a great hunt.

Dave
            My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Working...
            X