Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy

No tactical experience
    I've been shooting for decades, mostly long guns. I've competed in precision rifle and long range shooting on a local level. I've done well
    I feel like a similar level of handgun marksmanship has been elusive.

I have a fairly extensive background in physical fitness and Martial Arts.

Welcome to the Hyve! Glad to have you!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

What's your martial arts background?

Comment

I started western boxing and Ch'ang Shih Hsing-Jing Ch'uan at the age of 4
          Since then I've trained in Kyokushin, Taekwondo, Hapkido, Muay Thai, wrestling, Sambo, Judo, traditional Jiu Jitsu, BJJ, American kickboxing (PKA), International rules kickboxing, some Aikido and FMA
          The last 2 years I've been pretty dedicated to learning from Mike Janich's MBC Distance Learning Program.
          That's really peaked my interest in increasing my understanding and redeveloping the skills I learned from my original Arnis instructor.
          I train Muay Thai/kickboxing and BJJ pretty regularly for the fitness aspects.
          Trying to hold old age at bay for a few more decades. LOL!

Comment

Nice! Glad to 'meet' another forum member who is well-rounded in martial arts.

Muay thai and BJJ will definitely keep you in shape!

Comment

Pleased to 'meet' you as well
              What's your Martial Arts background?

Comment

Have done a lot of the major non traditional martial arts for a long time: primarily Muay Thai, Boxing, JKD, Kali, Wrestling and BJJ/MMA.

Miss they days when I trained and competed full-time. Now, I’m getting too old to beat my body up like I used to!

Comment

Hi Coach, Welcome to the Hyve. I like to fight and love to shoot.... looks like we are gonna get along famously....lol. In all seriousness, I like to learn and will be interested to pick your brain over the coming months.
                  My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Steiny!
                    I will certainly be happy to help where I can.

Comment

Working...
                    X