CCW and H2H Combatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCW and H2H Combatives

What is your "Go to" H2H Combatives for integration with Concealed Carry?

From my experience, I think good clinch work/dirty boxing and some blade work integrate well and will allow one to easier deploy their weapon if needed.

I’m a big fan of Greco for clinch work but one would need to spend some time understanding and working Muay Thai/MMA clinch work. Then I would add the dirty boxing element in to add strikes while in clinch range.

Comment

I'll take... "Putting fingers into the eye sockets of your enemy for 500, Alex"

Comment

Is that the correct answer? What did I win?

Comment

Yes! Winner Winner! Check out Injury Dynamics here: https://injurydynamics.com/ Tony Blauer also has a Be Your Own Bodyguard Seminar coming up that I may attend soon. Let you know how that is.

Comment

Originally posted by AVRDefense View Post
            I love it........ Man after my heart LOL.....

CCW let us know how Tony's class is, Ive been to two of his other classes and absolutely loved them. He is known as the Fight Physch for a reason.
            My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Originally posted by AVRDefense View Post
              It should go without saying that eye gouging, fish hooking, biting [balls], are all fair game...ok, Not the balls part.

Comment

Check out Defendo. Good stuff. Robbie Cressman is a phenomenal instructor.

Comment

I think Kelly McCann's Kembatives has a lot to offer.

I've been a fairly devoted student of Mike Janich's Martial Blade Concepts Distance Learning Program for the last 2 years. Other than picking up some new physical techniques it's been very thought provoking in making me question some of my own, shall we say, well researched opinions. Most of it is inline with things I've learned through personal experience. Mike's system is extremely comprehensive.

I think if you're looking for drills to do that are fairly close to real time but still very safe Daniel Sullivan's Dirty Boxing DVDs have a lot to offer.

My next investment is probably going to be either the Dog Brothers Die Less Often or Kali Tudo video series. Both look to be promising and the Dog Brothers certainly do their research.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachChris View Post
                    I think Kelly McCann's Kembatives has a lot to offer.

I've been a fairly devoted student of Mike Janich's Martial Blade Concepts Distance Learning Program for the last 2 years. Other than picking up some new physical techniques it's been very thought provoking in making me question some of my own, shall we say, well researched opinions. Most of it is inline with things I've learned through personal experience. Mike's system is extremely comprehensive.

I think if you're looking for drills to do that are fairly close to real time but still very safe Daniel Sullivan's Dirty Boxing DVDs have a lot to offer.

My next investment is probably going to be either the Dog Brothers Die Less Often or Kali Tudo video series. Both look to be promising and the Dog Brothers certainly do their research.
                    Speaking of Mike Janich, Recoil Magazine just did an article/interview with him. I haven't check it out yet but will later.

I haven't followed the Dog Brothers in ages! Have no idea what they are up to these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post

Speaking of Mike Janich, Recoil Magazine just did an article/interview with him. I haven't check it out yet but will later.
                      That's a good article.

I haven't followed the Dog Brothers in ages! Have no idea what they are up to these days.
                      The "Gathering" is worldwide now. There are "Dog's" everywhere. They've really grown since those days in the park across from Marc Denny's house.
                      Marc Denny is pretty active on Facebook.
                      Their website has a lot of downloadable content for sale. It's not just stick fighting stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post

It should go without saying that eye gouging, fish hooking, biting [balls], are all fair game...ok, Not the balls part.
                        Myles I won't be biting anybodys balls. YOU DO YOU THOUGH BOOBOO

Comment

Haha! Thanks for the support.

Comment

Working...
                          X