Dry-Fire technologies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry-Fire technologies

With the cost of ammo, dry fire is a great alternative. However as technology grows so have electro-shooting apps, gadgets and the like.
    with that said between G-Sight, Mantis and others on the market, what is the best out of whats on the market for practical practice at home?

Thanks in advance!

Hey CrudeOperator,

I've tried several, and am currently testing the Mantis X10 Elite. So far the Mantix X has been great--love how it tracks the movement of your gun.

I've used Laser Ammo, CoolFire Trainer, SIRT Pistols (in combination with laser targets), and a bunch of different drop-in laser solutions.

Technology wise, from what I've used thus far, Mantis's is the best. Overall, I like the combination of using a SIRT Pistol, with Laser Ammo targets, along with the Mantis X10. I know Laser Ammo now carries their own pistols with blowback to simulate recoil; however, I use dry fire to work other things rather than worrying about the blow back during dry fire. I still think there is a lot of room for improvement there and leave working with recoil during live fire.

JoeFarewell or Fred Ruiz, any dry-fire tech you recommend?

Comment

I’ve played with the cool fire trainer a little bit and there is a small benefit to using it. The mantis looks like a good option as it collects a lot of data. That being said I’ve gotten to where I am with just a shot timer that you can set a par time on.
      My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Working...
      X