Prepping for Force-On-Force Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepping for Force-On-Force Training

For those of you who have done a lot of force on force training, have any general tips as I get more involved with it?

Are there certain things I should focus on? Things I should definitely avoid? Etc.

Would appreciate any insight as I journey into more 'sparring.'

You are going to have a great time. The advice I have for you is to not game the training, and what I mean by that is try to react the way you would in real life. In the training I have conducted with students they don't want to look bad or get shot so they do not react in the same way they would on the street. The training will validate what you know or do not know. This will be some of the best training you will get. Have fun.

Comment

Remember to always fight to the end of the scenario, don't just quit when you get hit. This will translate well to staying in the fight in a real situation. And remember pain is the best teacher......
      My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Thanks for the tips, guys (and to those of you who text me).

You're right, making it 'real' in your head is key and not giving up. I had trouble with that a few times because it was brand new, but got used to it as the weekend progressed.

I'm definitely incorporating more force-on-force into my training. Very eye-opening.

Comment

Have some groin protection! 🥴
          My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Ruiz View Post
            Have some groin protection! 🥴
            I'm good. It's rock solid down there. lol

Comment

Working...
            X