Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

one gun carried all the time or different guns for different roles?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • one gun carried all the time or different guns for different roles?

    I typically rotate through concealed carry guns as I have 3-4 that fit various scenarios or amounts of clothing I am wearing. Are you more of a one pistol fits all type person or do you rotate?

    I have a wilson EDC X9, Agency g19, Gray Guns p320 Xcarry, S&W 640 pro and a sig p365 or 938

    what do you run?
    Last edited by BruiserInd; 11-20-2019, 06:42 PM.

  • #2
    Glock 19 all the time. It's the 1 that I've shot the most and am most familiar with. Tried a g43 and sold it cause I just didn't shoot it enough.

    Comment


    • #3
      I switch it up between my G19 and Sig P365, just deepening on what I’m wearing, i.e. Sig P365 for when I wear my XXXL small euro shirts to show off my pythons.

      Comment


      • #4
        Good topic! G19 with XC-1B and two spare mags most of the time. G43 with 3 spares if I need a thinner profile.

        I’m looking to switch to the G48 though. It’s a sweet pistol, just need to settle on a holster.
        My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Fred Ruiz View Post
          Good topic! G19 with XC-1B and two spare mags most of the time. G43 with 3 spares if I need a thinner profile.

          I’m looking to switch to the G48 though. It’s a sweet pistol, just need to settle on a holster.
          Fred, I had heard such bad things about the XC-1's and now I have two of them with almost no issues. Only issue I had was installing one, the attachment screw is THIN and if you are not careful you will break it. Surefire CS sent me a new one and its been good since.

          Comment


          • #6
            Totally agree on the XC-1. It also goes on kind of funky on the Glock rail. If Glock would just make a standard picatinny...
            My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

            Comment


            • #7
              Glock 19X always. I don't rotate it out. I just can't talk my brain into carrying less rounds. I've tried.

              Comment


              • #8
                I agree with Fred, Great thread man.

                I tend to run gun for a long time and if/when I change it up I stick with it for a while. How doe the quote go....."I don't for the man with one hundred guns, I fear the man with one because you can be assured he knows how to use it" (ok come to think about it I think that is a bastardized quote from what our wrestling coach use to tell us at practice. Don't practice 100 moves; Master 10 of them in every and any position.... that is what makes you dangerous. you get the meaning/point but I digress).

                I have been running a G22 for the last two years but have been thinking about going to my G19 for a while. I over stippled my G22 and sometimes it can wear on me for all day carry. Lesson learned...
                My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Steiny View Post
                  I agree with Fred, Great thread man.


                  I have been running a G22 for the last two years but have been thinking about going to my G19 for a while. I over stippled my G22 and sometimes it can wear on me for all day carry. Lesson learned...
                  The TRUTH... it shall set you free. Lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Steiny View Post
                    I agree with Fred, Great thread man.

                    I tend to run gun for a long time and if/when I change it up I stick with it for a while. How doe the quote go....."I don't for the man with one hundred guns, I fear the man with one because you can be assured he knows how to use it" (ok come to think about it I think that is a bastardized quote from what our wrestling coach use to tell us at practice. Don't practice 100 moves; Master 10 of them in every and any position.... that is what makes you dangerous. you get the meaning/point but I digress).

                    I have been running a G22 for the last two years but have been thinking about going to my G19 for a while. I over stippled my G22 and sometimes it can wear on me for all day carry. Lesson learned...
                    I had a g19 that a friend very aggressively stippled and I could not carry that thing, gave it to my ex. My current one is much less extreme and carries really well. I find though I fit the g45 better than the 19, the grip on the 19 is just 1/2 a finger too short. I have a Maxwell on my gen 5 and it works ok but the reason I like the Sig Xcarry so much is the full sizer grip. I like a full purchase on the gun.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BruiserInd View Post

                      I had a g19 that a friend very aggressively stippled and I could not carry that thing, gave it to my ex. My current one is much less extreme and carries really well. I find though I fit the g45 better than the 19, the grip on the 19 is just 1/2 a finger too short. I have a Maxwell on my gen 5 and it works ok but the reason I like the Sig Xcarry so much is the full sizer grip. I like a full purchase on the gun.
                      My 19X is stippled rather aggressively. The thing is, when you do it you need to consider right or left-handed dominance, and the carry position.

                      The carry position is the most important because wherever the gun may contact clothing or skin, the texturing needs to be a little less aggressive. Most people **** this part up and do the entire frame the same texture. Mine is pretty aggressive, but not on the lower left side of the grip - because that's where it's making contact with my EIGHT PACK SON GET SOME!

                      wut?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Fred send your **** over and I'll take the wood burner to it for you bro.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by AVRDefense View Post
                          Fred send your **** over and I'll take the wood burner to it for you bro.
                          Send yours over and I’ll take the belt sander to it for you bro! 🤣
                          My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Lol. **** your belt sander bruh how tf am i gonna hold on to this freedom

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              This thread literally made me laugh out loud. Not just some LOL BS!!! 😂
                              My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X