Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training courses in the North Arkansas/Southern Missouri area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training courses in the North Arkansas/Southern Missouri area?

Any recommendations for training courses in the North Arkansas/Southern Missouri area?
    I’m here for a good time, not for along time.

Hey Huckleberry Hound,

I personally don't know of any off the top of my head, yet. But it's likely one of our SMEs or other community members will have some leads for you.

Comment

Put a small group together and I’ll come out there!
      My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Ruiz View Post
        Huckleberry Hound,

This is actually done a lot. It's how a lot of instructors hold classes all over the place. If you and a few friends are serious, it can make a lot of sense to host a class or bring someone out for private training.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Ruiz View Post
          What are your requirements?
          I’m here for a good time, not for along time.

Comment

Sorry for the delayed response. DM me and let’s see if we can come up with something.
            My posts are for general educational and informational purposes only. What you do with this information is your responsibility. I encourage you to seek out professional instruction. Nothing replaces in-person training with a qualified professional to ensure you learn properly and train safely.

Comment

Since this thread has been inactive for about a year, I figured I’d check in again. Any new info on this region of the country?

My family is planning to move to NW Arkansas next year, leaving San Diego, and I want to find some good local ranges and good local training resources.

Does anyone know of good shooting, training, or hunting clubs in the Arkansas/Missouri/Oklahoma area?

Any plans for tactical hyve courses in this area?

Comment

Hey Andrew,

I just signed up for Myles' "Handgun Mastery Pro" online course (and lovin' it) so I'm new to the forum.
                I'm in Springfield Mo. pretty close to the Arkansas border (maybe a 90 min. drive). There's a gun shop in Springfield named "Downtown Tactical" that runs basic NRA and Missouri Concealed Carry License classes as well as TCCC medical, but also runs a 2-day tactical pistol course and a 2-day tactical rifle course every month - all year 'round. Their range where they teach their tactical classes is an hour north of Springfield near Buffalo Mo. I'll link their web site below. I took their two-day basic Tactical Pistol class in October and was completely satisfied. The main instructor is former USAF Security Forces (military police), did overseas contractor work with one of the major contractors and I believe did some teaching at Tactical Response in Tennessee. The course curriculum is very professional and thorough. All 3 instructors were excellent, super safe environment, low instructor to student ratio, I had someone watching, coaching and interacting with me virtually non-stop for the entire two days. A few local guys here in Springfield who referred me to them had taken classes with Tactical Response, Thunder Ranch and Gunsite over the years, and said they felt the cirriculum and level of instruction was similar. I was 110% satisfied and will train again with them in the future, hoping to take their medical class in the next month, or so.

https://downtowntactical.com/product...-pistol-course

Also, Mike Glover's Fieldcraft Survival team taught at least two pistol and rifle courses last year in Jonesboro, Arkansas, and has a couple of classes lined up for 2021:

https://fieldcraftsurvival.com/gun-f...-jonesboro-ar/

I saw the old post from Fred Ruiz above, if anyone has him or Rossen anywhere within a 6-8 hour drive of Springfield Mo, I'm in. Myles' video with Fred Ruiz and an online recommendation from Imri Morgenstern with Tactical Rifleman about Rossen are the reasons I signed up for Myles' Handgun Mastery Pro course online. I'd love to to take a class with either one this spring to get a chance to get feedback on what I'm learning online and then training with on my own at the local indoor range.

Andrew, I hope that helps and gets you pointed in the right direction. There's some gorgeous scenery on the drive through the Arkansas Ozarks and up through Branson to Springfield and on up to Lake of the Ozarks. You'll enjoy it. Bass Pro's headquarters store is here in Springfield and they just built one of the nations's finest acquariums - It's a must stop and see if you're ever in the area.

Comment

Hey Marty,
                  Thank you for the great response. And sorry for the delay, I missed that you had answered my question.

I will definitely check out the resources you recommended. I am looking forward to the move. We visited NW Arkansas last October, and there were a lot of great people and beautiful country.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X